Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Stamp Ink Paper 115 Color Challenge


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Hope your week is going well so far!  Stamp Ink Paper has a color challenge this week:

No automatic alt text available.

It wasn't my intention to use the same stamp set this week as I did on my card last week, but it just happened that way!  This time, I focused more on the matching dies, Hometown Greeting Edgelits as well as the Hearts Come Home set:


While my card was a little labor-intensive, it wasn't hard to do at all!  I began by using all three of the larger dies in the set and cut out a strip of each in Pool Party, Smoky Slate and Barely Banana (retired) cardstocks.  Then I cut another three from thick white cardstock, leaving enough to cover the front of my Smoky Slate card.  I trimmed the buildings from each strip and glued them to the white strip in a pleasing pattern:


Each successive row is popped up with dimensionals to make it stand out.  

The little pieces pop out of these diecuts fairly easily, but I found for the stubborn smaller ones, I simply laid the diecut on top of a sticky lint roller and pushed on the piece I wanted to pop out with a piercing tool; they popped right out and stuck to the roller!  This worked great with the little windows especially!  I stamped the sentiment from Hearts Come Home in Pool Party ink at the bottom:


Then I diecut a couple more trees to add to the snowy hill.  All the trees, roofs and snowmen are covered in Dazzling Diamonds glitter for a snowy look!


There are many ways these colors can be used...be sure to check out the SIP blog to see how the designers put them to use, and be sure to share your creation with us as well!

I am going to take a little bloggy break for a week or so...my shingles outbreak has sapped my strength a little more than I imagined  it would!  With Dana's wedding coming up on Saturday, I want to make sure I don't feel drained!  So I'll be back soon, hopefully with some wedding pix too.  I hate being away from all my blog friends but I hope you'll understand!  Meanwhile, here are some photos I have taken over the last few weeks around home:

Sunrise on my morning walk:


Some dew-drenched "weeds" along the roadside:


A little toad in our back yard:


And a bald eagle at dusk, perched atop what I call the neighbor's "spooky tree":


 Enjoy your week and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hearts Come Home, Christmas Pines (stars in the sky)
Card stock & Papers     Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Thick White, Barely Banana (retired)
 Ink Pool Party, Silver Encore (ret)
Accessories Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Tools     Big Shot, Hometown Greetings Edgelits, Dimensionals

14 comments:

Wendy said...

This card is lovely, LeAnne! I love how you made the little houses in different colors and popped them up! I cannot wait to get this bundle! Fantastic job! So sorry to hear you have Shingles! I heard they are very painful!!! Hope it gets better soon especially since Dana's wedding is coming FAST! Hope she has a beautiful day! Will be thinking of you all and wishing her & Wayne all the best! Take care and rest up! Hugs~

Unknown said...

Praying your shingles clear up quickly! And that weed is jewelweed, in the impatiens family. It is a natural remedy for poison ivy. 😊

mudmaven said...

I love this card LeAnne! The "snowy" rooftops are a marvelous touch. Another one I might have to CASE! Love the sunrise and walk pix. We are innundated with smoke from the Northwest and it has made for some really stunning sunrises. Unfortunately, for some of us that are respiratorially challenged, it's not quite as much fun! DH is totally miserable, and I can't stop my eyes from watering. Oh well, it's better than being in the path of Hurricane Irma! We are keeping a close eye to see if our boat will be hit. ~chris

lisa808 said...

Beautiful card and nature pics. Take care of yourself and enjoy the wedding.

I Card Everyone said...

I love your Christmas Village, and all those wonderful photos from your own neighborhood!
=]

Vickie said...

Super card LeAnne....and photos from your morning walk are gorgeous...What...you have Shingles? So sorry. Did I miss this in the beginning of this or another day...and when is Dana's wedding? Hope your shingles are hidden even though can be very painful...meds and more meds

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card! Take care of yourself! Hope you feel stronger by wedding day!

Rene from OZ x said...

Love the card, take care leAnne, I hope the wedding goes beautifully. I have received my 'Christmas Wishes' stamp and have cased your card already.
Rene from OZ x

Dawn Tidd said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! Love the way you used the colors with the house dies. The added sparkle just makes it seem so elegant and made a great embellishment! Awesome job!! Love your pictures too but hate to hear you're not feeling too well. Take care of yourself so you can enjoy Dana's wedding!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is so gorgeous! I love the color combo and those glittery trees are beautiful! XX

Lisa Elton said...

Oh gosh do I love this card!! The colors are wonderful for all of the little houses and I like the sparkly trees scattered among them. Wonderful photos from you neck of the woods!

Claudia said...

Sweet card, LeAnne! And my favorite Foto ist the 'morning walk sunrise' - have a good healing week

Jenny Hall said...

LOVE how you have used the houses, LeAnne!

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful card! I hope that you feel stronger by the wedding and that it is as lovely as can be. God bless all of you!