Sunday, April 23, 2017

PP341 Congrats


Happy Sunday, peeps!  It's Paper Players time and my sweet friend Sandy has a fabulous sketch for us today!


I pulled out another set ready to retire that again, I really didn't get to play with enough!  You're Sublime has such cute images and I thought this would be sweet for a new recruit who signed up during SAB:


I stamped my image on thick white cardstock in Stazon, then used inks and an aquapainter to color it in:


The background paper is Moroccan, and the sentiment is actually a graduation sentiment, but I taped off a portion of the stamp before inking it in Watermelon Wonder ink, then cut it out with a Bitty Banner die!  To make the rectangular stitched background piece, I cut two squares from a stitched die, trimmed one, and butted them together under the sentiment so the seam was not visible.  I love to get extra use from my dies like that!

I hope you'll play along with our sketch this week..there are so many possibilities with it, I know I will be saving it for future use!  Check out what the DT did on the Paper Players blog and be sure to share yours with us too!

While on spring break, we visited a different library, listened to story hour and then Cassidy decorated a little birdhouse with markers:


Grampy put an eye hook in it for her:


And she hung it on a holly branch:


Enjoy your day and be blessed as well as a blessing to someone!

Project Details--All Products SU Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps You're Sublime, Suite Sentiments
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, Emerald Envy, Moroccan DSP
 Ink Stazon Black, Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, Watermelon Wonder, Calypso Doral, Emerald Envy, Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate
Accessories Candy Dot
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Bitty Banners Dies (ret), Dimensionals

12 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a sweet little wheelbarrow LeAnne - your bright flowers are so cheery and I love the candy dot detail on the wheel too. A great tip on extending the stitched rectangle too - a great wy to get more from your dies!

None None said...

Love the colors, LeAnne! The flowers in the wheelbarrow are full of cheer and the stitched panel is fantastic (thanks for sharing how you extended the die).

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Kampin' Karen said...

Cute card and I'm so happy for you that you got a new recruit! Cassidy is a billboard for Stampin' Up Colors with the clothes she wears. It is finally raining in Florida today! It's a great day to be stuck inside making cards :-)

Jaydee said...

Fabulous colors, LeAnne and beautifully colored flowers and wheelbarrow. It honestly makes me yearn for the opening of the nurseries when I can go buy some color! I love the background paper, too. Fabulous take on the challenge. Looks like you and Cassidy had a fun time at your new library and I love that she colored her birdhouse. A chip off the old block, I'd say :-)
Hugs
Jaydee

Wendy said...

What a fun card, LeAnne! Great job with the challenge! Love the wheelbarrel and all those pretty flowers! Reminds me of this time of year with everything coming to life! So cool to see what Miss Cassidy did with her birdhouse! She is just so creative just like her grammie! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

Dawn Tidd said...

Sweet card, LeAnne! I love the DSP you chose. You colored wheelbarrow is so cute and the enamel dot is perfect for the center of the wheel. Festive, springtime congrats card! Cassidy is going to be a birdwatcher like her grandmother! :)

laurie said...

So cute! I love the wheelbarrow full of pretty flowers...awesome coloring,too. The library sounds fun, and what a cute project:)

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfectly delightful LeAnne! I like the cute wheelbarrow and the colors of the blooms. Your new recruit will enjoy this! Love that Cassidy and her grampy hung her little birdhouse, so sweet!

Nance Leedy said...

Such a sweet little card, LeAnne! This little image is the perfect size for the sketch elements and you've colored it beautifully. Congratulations on your new recruit!

Linda Callahan said...

This is super sweet! So pretty for spring! And congrats on a new team member!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

This is fantastic color combo and amazing flowers in the wheelbarrow. Love the texture on the background too.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is adorable! I love that little wheelbarrow full of blooms! My daddy used to ride us in the wheelbarrow all the time. When I see one, I can't help but think of that wonderful memory. Love the color combo and the enamel dot for the center of the wheel. Cassidy's birdhouse is so special! She is certainly your mini me! XX