Friday, August 19, 2016

CYCI133 Basket of Wishes


Hi peeps!  I originally intended this card for Saturday but I checked this challenge:
CYCI#133
and it was almost over!  Yikes! So two posts in one day....please indulge me!  I just got this new set called Basket of Wishes...it will be available in the upcoming Holiday mini catalog from SU....and I must be in the watercoloring mood, because I just couldn't wait to play with it!  Here we go:


I stamped the image in Memento black ink on SU's watercolor paper, and colored it with several fall shades of ink...it's a quick, easy little image to fill in with my aquapainter:


Then I mounted it on a square of Delightful Dijon which was diecut with the Layering Squares die...I also ran a small strip of Garden Green through the same die and used it as a little border atop the new DSP called Warmth & Cheer!  I love that I can get additional uses from my dies!  The sentiment was stamped in Soft Suede, and it's easy to miss, but I added some green enamel dots along the side of the DSP!  A great way to introduce fall!  Thanks for visiting today!

The birthday continues:


And, as promised, some beautiful cards!  This "happy" creation is from Miss Robyn, her Sunday School teacher:


and another sweet confection from Miss Sally:


and a close-up of that fun ladybug card from Miss Debbie:


Thanks, ladies!  Don't forgot to come back on Sunday for the latest Paper Players challenge, too!





3 comments:

Elaine M said...

Oh My! I just can hardly believe our sweet baby girl is SIX!!! Seems like only a couple of years ago you found she was on the way. Thanks for sharing her with us over the years. It's been a delight to watch her grow. HAPPY BDAY sweet Miss C. Hugs

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is country cute LeAnne!! And so is the newest 6 year old ;)

Dawn Tidd said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! I love the basket, and your coloring, on the plaid. It goes perfectly. I got this set and I think you've inspired me to pull it out! I can't believe Cassidy is 6! My how time flies!