Tuesday, July 26, 2016

AYSI139 Feather


Hi everyone!  I am squeaking this card in just under the wire for the pretty As You See It sketch:

AYSI #139

This one uses a Papertrey set called What The Doodle Feather:


At the stamp show on Saturday, I had seen a similar feather colored in gorgeous peacock hues--blues and greens---so I couldn't wait to get home and do something along those lines.  I heat-embossed my image in black embossing powder, then painted in the areas with Mint Macaron, Garden Green, Pacific Point, Marina Mist and Soft Sky.  Then I stamped the smaller feather around the background with Versamark ink.  For the sentiment, I stamped the "Hello" (same set) in white ink on a vellum banner and embossed it with white embossing powder:


I added a little white cording, tied in a bow and some pretty sequins and mounted it on a Bermuda Bay card that was embossing with the Elegant Dots EF.  So elegant!

On Sunday I had a chance to see a couple of my cousins on my mom's side; I don't get to see many of them so it was nice to catch up!  My cousin Cindy, in the center, is one of the best cooks I know...she had a Candyland-themed birthday party for her granddaughter that was so cute!  And I am sure I gained a few pounds with the spread she had laid out! And Pat, on the right, is a marvel seamstress....she made me a little Jingle Jack clown doll from fabric yoyos when I was born and I still have it!  It's a little ragged, but it still jingles!  And she was just a little thing when she made it!  I think our Nan Barber passed down all her crafty genes to us!  Thanks Nan!



10 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

So lovely, Leanne! I love those little versamarked background feathers around the main element. The colours are just wonderful and contrast so well with the kraft/crumb you've used. Thanks so much for joining us again at As You See It. It's always a great pleasure to see your work.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Ooo that is lovely LeAnne - I love the line detail of your feather stamp, perfect for colouring. So pretty against the embossed base too. Lovely photo - you clearly come from a family of many talents - some good creative genes there for sure!

Kampin' Karen said...

I always enjoy your pics, short little stories AND your cards. I learn about so many different challenge sites from you. Thank you for the time you take to do all this.

Wendy said...

I just love your beautifully colored card, LeAnne! That feather just pops off the card and I do love the bright colors and the embossed card base! VERY elegant! Great family photo, too! You definitely come from a family that's quite crafty! :)

Carol L said...

What a beautiful feather on this card. I love the colors! I love the photo too, and enjoyed hearing about the handmade keepsake you kept through the years. I'm a sentimental fool too and treasure those hand-made items I've been given through throughout my life. They're heartfelt and genuine keepsakes!

Annheidel said...

What a pretty card! I love how you colored the feather like a peacock.

Lisa Elton said...

I love that feather, what a pretty card LeAnne! It's always fun catching up with family. What a great photo of you pretty ladies!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at AYSI, good luck!!! Amy DT

Heather Cooper said...

Wow, clearly a crafty family! Love your feather and your colour palette, LeAnne! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges!

Jane Knudsen said...

Very lovely! You used some of my very favorite colors and really showcased that feather! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!