Sunday, May 1, 2016

Paper Players 293


Happy Sunday, peeps!  Happy May Day!  Wow, how did it get to be May already?  Sorta snuck in on me!  Nance is our wonderful hostess at the Paper Players today and she has a super fun theme:


I got a little giddy thinking of this challenge...I don't have a lot of bicycle stamps, but I was excited thinking about what I did have and how I was going to use them!  In the end, I chose an image from Artistic Outpost called A Lovely Day, and some sentiments from the same set (a lovely day), from Clearly Besotted's Good Times (smile) and Impression Obsession's Imagine Words (dream):


I found this cool "happy words" paper from MME's My Story, and I stamped the bike right on top!  I found some floral paper (can't find the maker, sorry) that seemed to coordinate with it, so I mounted it on a Pink Pirouette card base and added my different elements.  Here's a Cameo Coral butterfly, along with some stamped butterflies (CB's Good Times again):


The sentiments were stamped in black on Crumb Cake, Lost Lagoon and Pink Pirouette, then either punched out or diecut with a banner punch and adhered strategically!  Finally, some tan baker's twine and a candy dot finished it off!

The DT has some fabulous bicycle creations...such a happy theme!  Stop by the PP blog to see them, or check them out individually:
 We hope you will play along too!

Cassidy is playing store...here's her cash register.....


Hmmm....what should I charge for these books?


And I wonder where those glasses are?!



7 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Such a happy card LeAnne! I love that retro flower paper that inspired the colour scheme of today's card and the bicycle stamped over the words looks great. Such a clever use of the various highlighted words too! As for Cassidy - her expression tells me shopping in her store is going to be expensive!!

Linda Callahan said...

Total sweetness! The bike image is wonderful stamped right on the paper! And yep those glasses could be anywhere!

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is delightful LeAnne!! I like the butterflies fluttering out of the basket. I remember playing store with my cousin when our families were camping! We made cash registers and groceries from the cut lumber scraps our dad's used for firewood. We used to get so mad at them when they burned our produce every night LOL!! But the toasted marshmallows made up for it!!

laurie said...

Love all the details on your card!The butterflies are so cute coming out of the basket,too!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just love the mix of fun retro patterns! Your little butterfly fluttering out of the basket is lovely! All the different sentiments are perfect!
I used to play store all the time as a child! Of course, I had to run the cash register! Fun times! XX

Nance Leedy said...

Oh, there is so much to love in this card. I always love your collage cards and am so happy you made one for my challenge. The mix of patterned papers is so hip and the colors are fun and fresh. Adore all of it--thanks for making my theme sparkle!

Andrea W said...

The patterned papers are awesome and I love the butterflies hovering over the basket. Such a pretty card!