Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day

Image courtesy of Graphics Fairy

Happy Memorial Day to all my US friends.  I hope you will spend some quiet time today, thinking of our fallen servicemen.  Here is a little except from today's Trivia of the Day, by Michael Gallagher (which is interesting reading, BTW):  

"To help re-educate and remind Americans of the true meaning of Memorial Day, the “National Moment of Remembrance” resolution was passed on Dec 2000 which asks that at 3 p.m. local time, for all Americans “To voluntarily and informally observe in their own way a Moment of remembrance and respect, pausing from whatever they are doing for a moment of silence or listening to ‘Taps.”
Where will you be and what will you be doing at 3:00 p.m. today?"
I plan to set my phone alarm to 3pm for some quiet time, so I don't forget!
We cherish, too, the Poppy red
That grows on fields where valor led
It seems to signal to the skies
That blood of heroes never dies.
Moina Michael
Have a blessed day, whatever you do!

6 comments:

thestampinglady said...

Thanks for the 3:00 reminder. Very nice post. ^

Linda said...

Thanks for the great post. My husband is a veteran and I thank everyday that he is here with me. Bless all veterans.

Linda Duensing

Elaine M said...

What a beautiful image - thx for the 3pm reminder

musicbeeb said...

Thank you for your tribute to our US soldiers and Veterans. I had not
remembered the 3pm tribute.

Claire Broadwater said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! God Bless All Veterans! XXX

Lisa Elton said...

I hope you enjoyed your holiday!