Saturday, May 7, 2016

FMS235 Get Well Floral


Happy Saturday, peeps!  My card today uses the Freshly Made Sketches sketch:

And because it was wide open to interpretation, I thought I would try my hand at some watercoloring a larger image!  I inked up a Tim Holtz floral image and watercolored it with Tangerine Tango and Tangelo Twist, but it looked a bit lonely, so I overstamped it lightly with the Dictionary background stamp:


Because I still need some get-well cards, I added a sentiment from Fabulous Four.  So far, so good, until...I thought I would add a little shadow by stamping the sentiment again, in Sahara Sand, a little down and to the left:


 Hmmm...not too sure of this effect; I think it may make the recipient a wee bit dizzy.  Oh well, it is what it is!  I added a mat and a Tangelo Twist bow and called it a day!

Cassidy got a little science kit and one of the experiments was making invisible ink!  Remember that?  Lemon juice and a candle, right?  Well, we're a little more advanced now, still using lemon juice but I let her use my heat tool...a little safer than holding paper up to a candle, LOL!  She wrote some words with a cotton swab and the lemon juice, then turned on the heat tool:


Oooh, something is beginning to appear!

 


She was so excited to see the words take shape!  Although it's hard to see here, we wrote "Hello", "Cassidy" and "Mom"!  


Our next experiment will be to make a milk shake--YUM!  That's the kind of science I like!

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne this is stunning ... LOve that flower, and the script bg. Wonderful little ribbon detail, too - I've not seen that done before! or the lemon juice trick! Go Cassidy! Science is fun ... milkshakes better!
=]

stampwithsandy said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne! Love the background!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful coloring on your flower LeAnne - the text background is perfect and I LOVE the shadow stamping on the sentiment - great 3 D affect! How fun to relive the thrill of the invisible ink! Julia xx

Doris said...

What memories you and Cassidy brought back! I used to send and receive secret messages, but we never used a candle--we just ironed it. Your get well card is beautiful, too.

Unknown said...

LOVE the flower, and love seeing how excited Cassidy was with her science experiment. How fun! She sure is growing up!

Jen Timko said...

That flower is beautiful!! Your coloring is really stunning. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Linda Callahan said...

your watercolored flwoer is fabulous....and i love how you used the dictionary stamp behind it.....

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card LeAnne!!!