Thursday, May 7, 2015

TSOT217

DSCF9758

Hi everyone!  Yippee, it’s Thursday and that means the weekend is almost here!  I heard it might be 87 degrees on Mother’s Day!!  Yikes!  I always wait until Mother’s Day to put in my annuals….I think I could have done it a bit earlier this year!

I have a quick little thank you card using some retired items and the Try Stampin’ On Tuesday sketch:

Of course, AFTER I finished my card, I realized I didn’t have the sentiment in the right place….oh well!  This card uses Kind & Cozy, which is retiring, and Back to Black DSP along with a diecut border using one of the Finishing Touches edgelits (also retiring):

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Kind & Cozy Another THank You Stampin Up

I used some non-SU dies for the scallop and circles, and the sentiments are from Another Thank You:

DSCF9760

This one will be going out in the mail ASAP!  Thanks for popping by today!

Oh, the changing moods of a 4YO!  Who can be crabby when eating mint chocolate chip ice cream?

DSCF9695

DSCF9696

Enjoy your day and be blessed!

12 comments:

Linda said...

I think mint ice-cream is what does the trick for 4 year olds. LOL Great pictures
Beautiful cheerful cards. I really like the color combo.

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a sweet "about face" to see. Mint chocolate chip ice cream?? Wow that's pretty powerful stuff there;)
LeAnne this card is a beauty. I love the red/white/black combo - so striking and pretty. Way to showcase some pretty papers and that edgelit. I love the bit of gingham in there too. Great take on the sketch.

Unknown said...

LeAnne, I so admire your work! I would be completely overwhelmed by these colors and patterns, yet you have balanced them SO well!! You have made me love this set, I think I may snatch it up after it retires! Great job with this card!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the card, love the photos of Cassidy more - made me chuckle! I am also inspired by the top she's wearing .... might have to incorporate this into a card!!

barb hendrickson said...

As always LeAnne, your card is awesome. I just love the color and element balance that you have created. My eye just wants to scan it over and over! lol Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Try Stamping -Or Not- On Tuesday.

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful LeAnne! I love a black, red and white color combo and this is gorgeous with all these layers and patterns. Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

You did an amazing job with the sketch!! I think the beauty of it will wow them and they'll forget all about the sentiment!! That Cassidy can sure cut a look huh LOL!!!

Krafty Kaylin said...

Great use of patterns and textures. It is a very lovely card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Try Stampin or not on Tuesday

Lynda said...

awesome make, love the colour choice, the layers are perfect. Thankyou for joining is over at Try Stamping -Or Not- On Tuesday for our sketch challenge. Hope to see you again soon Lynda DT xx

Sand Lee said...

This is wowsers!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday or Not! Hope you'll play along with us next week! xx Sandi Lee DT

Sarah said...

Fantastic card LeAnne! Loving this colour combo and the use of the sketch is perfection :)
Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday xx

Crystal Komara said...

Great card, LeAnne. I have always loved any color added to the black/white combo and hot pink is one of the best! Thanks for joining us again this week at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Crystal