Wednesday, December 24, 2014

NAC121

DSCF6933-001

Happy Christmas Eve, everyone!  I have a few last-minute things to do, but basically, just about everything is done for tomorrow!  I had some stamping time yesterday too….unfortunately, I needed a sympathy card, as life and death know no holidays!  I had some paper and a big seam binding bow sitting on my desk, unused from a previous project, and they were perfect for the Nacho Average Challenge this week, which was a sketch:

From there, it was an easy card to make:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Papillon Potpourri Sympathy

This pattern from the All is Calm series actually has snowflakes on it, but I think it is still appropriate enough to use for a sympathy card.  I mounted the banner on a Smoky Slate card, added a couple of butterflies from Papillion Potpourri, and a sentiment from Petite Pairs.  I also embossed my card and added some pearls.  I dyed some white seam binding with Sahara Sand ink, but I think it still coordinates with the Smoky Slate:

DSCF6936

And since I had this washi tape on my desk from my Paper Pumpkin, I added a strip along with the inside sentiment:

DSCF6937

Hope your preparations are almost finished and you can relax a bit today!  Tonight we will have our candlelight service at church, one of my favorite events!  There is nothing like a darkened church with real candlelight and voices singing “Silent Night”!  I hope you have a blessed Christmas eve!

“Lining up” all the Nativity figures…she just loves lining things up!

DSCF6761

Check out those Santa pjs too!

15 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

A very elegant, tasteful card. I bought that embossing folder off the clearance rack and have yet to use it, so thanks for the inspiration. Love Cassidy's jammies, too! I want a pair! Merry Christmas, LeAnne!

Chris Dring said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Have a Merry Christmas!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Truly beautiful, LeAnne!
Merry Christmas, my friend. :) And thank you for that beautiful card. You are sweet to think of me.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful LeAnne! I am sure that Cassidy will have a fabulous Christmas and will know exactly what is going on this year--enjoy her. Merry Christmas to you and your family! xoxo

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, LeAnn! Your artistry and blog bring beauty into our lives daily, and I so appreciate your commitment. Merry Christmas! BTW, are those "Visions of Santa" pjs Cassidy is wearing??? LOL

Basement Stamper said...

gorgeous card, love the dry embossing with the addition of your pearls on here. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Linda said...

Wow beautiful! I just love the colors you used on the card.
Oh my goodness Cassidy has such a good eye for symmetry. I love how she has them lined up. So cool. She is amazing. Tell her I said so and give her a big hug for me.
Have a wonderful Christmas Eve and Day.
Hugs,
Linda

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card and what a fun pic!! Merry Christmas!!

Bonnie said...

This is so elegant! Love the paper and it's perfect. Love that bow too! Merry Christmas, my friend.

Margaret said...

This is a beautiful card - thanks for posting today even though it is Christmas Eve. And I have loved seeing your daughter playing with the nativity - I used to do the same, as did my children! I started to copy the photo to add to me DD in the memories and traditions section, but not sure you would appreciate some stranger having a pic of your child in their album. Merry, merry to you!

Yapha Mason said...

What a lovely card, LeAnne. So sorry that you needed one, though. Thank you for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges, and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Lisa Elton said...

Gorgeous LeAnne, so elegant too!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! so elegant! Love it!

laurie said...

Beautiful! So classy and elegant! Love the nativity scene, looks like she does too!

Kathya said...

Wow, your ribbon is gorgeous! Very elegant card, so sorry for your loss. Hope you had a nice Christmas. Thanks for playing along with the Nachos this week.