Monday, December 1, 2014

MTS048 and TCC24

DSCF6546 
Happy Monday, peeps!  And Happy December!  The countdown to Christmas is on!  My friend Sandy suggested I submit my Paper Players card from yesterday to the Card Concept challenge, but I was worried that it wouldn’t fly since it technically wasn’t a tag!  Here’s their challenge:

They wanted a tag or a card with a tag on it, featuring a snowman or something snowy!  I had gotten these really fun BoBunny chipboard elements while visiting Sandy in October, and normally I would just hoard them, but I actually put a couple to use making a tag for my card, LOL!!  Aren’t you proud of me?
LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings BoBunny Snowman Tag Christmas Card 2

I used the colors of Blushing Bride and Smoky Slate for my card base, using the sketch from Match The Sketch this week:


After adhering the Slate panel, I ran the card through my Big Shot with an EF from Darice called Snowflake Swirl.  I kept the rest of the card pretty simple because I wanted to focus on this fun face:

DSCF6547

I did add a little silver-glittered sentiment from Whippersnapper’s Snowman for Peace, stamped in Basic Gray along with some chipboard stars:

DSCF6548

I punched the top of the Very Vanilla tag with the Scalloped Tag Topper punch and added some silver and Blushing Bride baker’s twine to finish it off!  I guess my style today would qualify as "clean and layering"!

Cassidy’s been with her daddy the past few days, so I don’t have any pictures of her to share, but I will share with you the counted cross-stitch stocking I finished for her this weekend:

DSCF6532

As far as I can count, this is the eighth stocking that I have done in this style….here is the one I did for my BIL a couple years back:

DSCF2546

Every year, Counted Cross Stitch and Country magazine published a pattern for these in the 1980s, and I still have almost all my issues!  Unfortunately, I am not sure my eyes could handle doing another one, though!  Thanks for visiting today!

17 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Your card is beautiful, but that stocking...OMGosh! It's beautiful and so detailed! I can see why it may be your last! Your eyes must be aching! It's amazing!

Judith said...

WOW these stockings are beautiful. Cassidy is a lucky little gal!

Terri Williams said...

We have those stockings!!! My mother-in-law started them for her kids and then grandkids. We all had too many kids, so I was going to make them for my youngest two. Didn't happen. We ended up changing the names on mine and my husband's so our four kids would have matching style stockings. Shhhh... it's a secret!

I love visiting your site to be inspired by your cards and to see pictures of your granddaughter!

Unknown said...

WOWSA! AMAZING! Your counted X-stitch is beautiful and detailed. A couple of years ago I tried to return to needlepoint and found my eyes weren't cooperative. So I didn't even try to pick up X-stitch again. It's a stocking Cassidy will treasure for life.

mudmaven said...

Love the snowman, of course! Those stockings are simply amazing. I love doing counted cross stitch but have not done any in a long time. You are inspiring me to open up Fibber Magee's closet and get my stuff out! ~chris

Susan Lankford said...

LeAnne....your card is lovely! The stockings are over the top beautiful...just exquisite! I cross stitch, but not to this extent! And I have to use a magnifying glass...for sure!

Denise Willerton said...

Absolutely fabulous LeAnne...I used to to counted x stitch and petite point...and yes, my eyes can't handle it either...love that sweet snowman...have a happy day my friend ((hugs))

Kay Miller said...

What a pretty card! I love the embossed background and that cute snowman! That stocking is amazing! Beautiful work! So glad you joined us at The Card Concept! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Yes I am proud of you because I probably would have hoarded that little baby for quite a while LOL!! Very cute card LeAnne and those stockings...WOW!!!

RobinH said...

beautiful stocking and I love the snowman image on your card too

stampwithsandy said...

Love the cute snowman card, but I am overwhelmed by those stockings! I can't imagine how many hours went into each one. What works of art. Make sure Cassidy keeps hers away from red jello!

Jen Mitchell said...

First of all, that is totally a tag on your card so of course it fits The Card Concept challenge. Secondly, the snowman and embossed snowflakes are awesome together. And thirdly, your Christmas stocking is amazing. What detail! Many years ago, before I started making cards, I used to do counted cross stitch all the time. I miss it, but I suspect I'd have a hard time seeing those tiny squares now that I'm a bit *ahem* older!

Bonnie said...

I love this vintage snowman! And that stocking is amazing! Such a lot of little stitches. A family heirloom!

Darlene Gabriel said...

I know I commented on FB, but I had to come over here also to let you know how gorgeous Cassidy's stocking is (as well as the one for your BIL). I know how much work goes into these and they are such a labour of love. Cassidy will treasure this stocking always.
Sweet snowman card. Way to go using those chipboard elements;)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just had to pop by to say love the card - but the stocking, WOW! And something else we have in common - I love to cross stitch, although don't get to spend as much time doing it as I would like, especially since I took up card making lol!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous stockings, what a wonderful gift of love.
Your sweet snowman card is so cute and that embossed background is perfect. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card and that stocking is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept!