Wednesday, December 3, 2014

MM and TSOT

DSCF6566

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I haven’t played with my friends over at Merry Monday since leaving, so I thought it was high time I did so!  Deanne has a  a sweet “bird” challenge, and I combined it with the sketch from Try Stampin’ on Tuesday:





















I have really been reaching deep into the depths of my huge Christmas stamp stash and remembered this sweet chickadee image; I believe it is from Impression Obsession:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Christmas Chickadee Stampin Up

It’s a large image, but very easy to color; I stamped him in Stazon and used SU markers to color him in.  I added a “frame” of Brushed Gold cardstock, although it’s hard to tell what color it is here, a mat of Real Red and mounted it on a cardbase of Crumb Cake, stamped with the Hardwood background.  An older retired sentiment from Peaceful Wishes was stamped at the bottom.

DSCF6565

I added a few gold speckles to break up the white space, and a diecut bow from Lil’Inkers.  While I like the diecut, I am still on the fence as to whether or not it belongs here.  I tried a ribbon, but I just couldn’t get it to look presentable…so for now, the diecut stays!  I do love this little guy…he’s as sweet as can be!  Thanks for visiting today!

Cassidy went to her first Build-a-Bear party recently!  (She built a dog, though!)  Gabby is a friend from pre-school and they are “best friends”, she tells me!

10388568_10153298387452646_2536437931643493679_n

24 comments:

OH Babs said...

Gorgeous card and it just popped off the page.

Crystal Komara said...

Hi LeAnn, what a beautiful card you have created here. There is just something about birds that scream "peaceful" which was the theme of our challenge this week too. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful coloring on your Chickadee LeAnne, this is a marvelous card!! Sweet little photo of Cassidy and her best friend too ;)

Bonnie said...

A beautiful chickadee, LeAnne! Love the rustic background and the circle frame! It's so good to see you at Merry Monday! Still miss you over there!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Leanne, I love the fabulous details. I am so glad you were able to join us for MM this week :).

Doris said...

Beautiful card, and your bow is just right. It gave the card some needed balance. Cassidy cracked me up when she decided to build a puppy instead of a bear. Such an independent thinker! I wonder where she gets that from???

Bananastamper said...

Just gorgeous! Love that little chickadee!!! And you have turned him into a beautiful card.

Kristie Goulet said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! So happy you joined us at Merry Monday! Miss you! xoxo

barb mann said...

Peaceful Wishes - what a fabulous greeting! Miss That. I have card club this next week and may have to add that popped up frame. Love this neat technique.

Margaret said...

so sweet - great coloring!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

EEK!! How beautiful LeAnne!! We've missed you!

Deanne :)

Unknown said...

Hi LeAnne: You make such pretty cards. I enjoy looking at all your sweet creations here. I wanted to say a big THANK YOU for stopping by my blog today. I don't get many blog visitors or comments, so it means a lot when people take the time to leave a comment, and I wanted you to know that I really appreciate it.
Have an amazing week!
Sierra
www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

Karren said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! The berries on this sweet image look real and that bird is just too cute.

Lisa Lynn said...

Love that chickadee. Your card is adorable.

Birgit said...

Beautiful coloring on your chickadee card. I just adore happy little chickadees!

Kathy S said...

Oh, so beautiful. Love the bird and how you framed in in the circle die with the bow. Really lovely. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Great job!

Marybeth said...

Hi LeAnne! I love this chickadee! I will trust you that its easy to color , looks hard. This card is gorgeous! Thanks for your very sweet comment.
Love Cassidy choice to build a dog at a build a bear party! :) adorable!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

LeAnne, I love your "peaceful" Christmas card, and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
Sara H.

Katie Melhus said...

LeAnne this is so rich and yummy and gorgeous! Cassidy looks adorable getting her party on, too! :) Hugs

Allison Cope said...

Absolutely stunning card LeAnne! Love that chickadee stamp!

Bev Gomez said...

Oh my such a beautiful card LeAnne. I love everything about it! Thanks for sharing!

craftystamper said...

Your chickadee is absolutely stunning!

Greta said...

I love my chickadees & love your beautiful card!

laurie said...

So sweet...best friends! I bet they had lots of fun!