Thursday, December 18, 2014

FMS167

DSCF6847-001

Happy Thursday, peeps!  I have one more Christmas card…can you believe it?  I still am thinking of people I’ve missed!  This one is for a couple from my church who are celebrating their first Christmas as newlyweds!  She was a music major in college, so I thought she would enjoy this card.  I used some leftover digital musical paper I had printed for another project, and the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:

and here we go:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Musical Joy Christmas Card

I used some other scraps of DSP from my plethora of 6x6 pads; the vertical piece is stamped with a Unity single stamp called Rejoice for our Silent Night; the circular panel is stamped with the words from The Sounding Joy (ret. SU) and the “joy” diecut is from Lil’Inker:

DSCF6849

I added some gold glimmer stars and a little bit of Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon to complete my card!  Thanks for visiting today!

We attempted to make gingerbread cookies yesterday; Cassidy quickly got bored with the rolling and cutting part, which is the part I thought she would like, and she couldn’t handle the piping, but she definitely got into the sprinkles:

DSCF6861

DSCF6867

DSCF6873

and the eating!

DSCF6862

They weren’t the most beautiful cookies, but she had fun!

13 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Gorgeous design, love how it's so rustic and cozy...and what a sweetie with her sweets~! :)

Brenda in IN said...

What a beautiful, thoughtful card you made. I'm sure she will think the cookies are pretty but it's the memories of making them with you she will remember.

stampwithsandy said...

So pretty! Love the vintage-y colors, music paper and bit of sparkle. Great take on the sketch. And thank you for my absolutely gorgeous Christmas card! I love it!

Linda said...

OH I love, love love this cards. The colors are great. I will be giving this one a try for sure.
And the cookies do look lovely. I bet your kitchen floor is so pretty too. Oh and the house must just smell like Christmas. Oh what fun. Enjoy and thanks for sharing. I really do enjoy seeing your card and what the lovely Miss Cassidy is up to.
Hugs,
Linda

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful card LeAnnne, love that music sheet background. The cookies look yummy! Cute photos!!

Unknown said...

Love your take on the sketch, a great combination of colours and textures. Cassidy is definitely a sprinkles expert. Karen x

Gisela said...

Love your card LeAnne. Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! xoxo

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and glittery stars.
Looks like Cassidy had a great time making cookies, and eating them too.

Lisa Elton said...

PRETTY PRETTY card for the newlyweds LeAnne, love the sparkly stars! Yep the eating is THE most fun ;)

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who keeps making last minute Christmas cards! I love your musical "joy" card. And I'm sure that your friends will love it!

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful.....warm and cozy.....like baking cookies!

Jen Timko said...

This is such a stunner, LeAnne! Really pretty papers. And those cookies look perfect.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness this is just gorgeous! I love the colours you've used, they have such a lovely vintage feel. Hope you had a wonderful Xmas! Thanks for joining us at FMS!