Thursday, December 11, 2014

FMS166 and CCMC50

DSCF6732

A quick post today, although this card took me WAY longer than it should have!  Still stocking up on Christmas cards, using the Colour Me…! challenge colors of Night of Navy and Silver:

and the Freshly Made Sketches sketch from Karren:

I just got a new Stampendous background stamp and I paired it with a vintage sentiment from Cornish Heritage Farms:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Christmas Cheer Stampin

I stamped the background in Encore Silver, matted it on a Brushed silver mat and adhered it to a Night of Navy card.  The sentiment was stamped in Night of Navy and I added a little seam binding and a silver bell diecut with a Lil’Inker’s die:

DSCF6734

Another one for the stash!

Cassidy being goofy:

DSCF6692DSCF6693DSCF6694

A recent conversation with her; she was sitting in Grampy’s chair and pulled an orange highlighter out from his Bible: 

Cassidy: “Grammy, what is this?”

Grammy:  “It’s a highlighter.”

Cassidy:  “Does real flame come out of it?”

Out of the mouths of babes!

9 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

BEAUTIFUL, LeAnne! Such an elegant card! The bell is perfect! Cassidy--always a cutie! XX

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty background stamp!! Love the silver jingle bell and knotted seam binding, this is lovely LeAnne! She might be acting goofy, but she's cute :)

Linda said...

Oh my goodness a light bulb just went on in my head. I have that bell and thought the band across the middle was a hanger. Duh!. That little bell looks so much better that way.
Really a beautiful card.
Cassidy is so cute. She looks so happy to be helping her grandma.

Bonnie said...

I love this background stamp and it's so pretty in the silver with the dark blue! LOL, I hope Cassidy doesn't try to light up Grampy's Bible! I wouldn't dare leave a writing instrument near my Bible. Jack is trying "cursive". It looks a bit like a Dr.'s handwriting, but bigger!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I haven't visited in sooo long! Cassidy is getting big! I love the elegance of navy and silver. They combine for peaceful Christmas cards. Very nice!

Cindy Hall said...

This is stunning, LeAnne! Love the sentiment background and the sentiment for the focal point. The way you used those colors is gorgeous and the bell is a perfect finishing touch! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful.....love that little belL! And oh that background....;0)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Love to see Cassidy hamming it up and her question........more perceptive than she knows.
What a beautiful card. Blue and silver - gorgeous. This is the second card I've seen today that has reminded that I have this bell die and haven't even used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this background stamp LeAnne - gorgeous! Perfect in silver with the navy and the little die cut bell is the perfect finishing touch! Great use of this week's colours; thanks for joining us over at Colour Me...! this week.