Tuesday, December 9, 2014

CAS on Sunday 48

DSCF6678

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Today is my “little” brother’s birthday!  Raymond is eight years younger than I am, and the only boy in our family, so he has always been extra-special to me!  He is a wonderful husband, dad and step-dad, as well as a great neighbor who plows out our driveway when there’s a big snowstorm!!
DSCF4277-001

I saw a fun sketch at CAS on Sunday and I thought it would be a great layout for his card:



I pulled out a little notecard from the Hip Hip Hooray Notecard Kit; I used it as my card base and stamped a country image from Artistic Outpost on a tag of Naturals White cardstock:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Country Birthday Card Stampin Up

I did some sponge and blender pen coloring, added some speckles from Gorgeous Grunge, a sentiment from Petite Pairs and some ribbons and candy dots as embellishments:

DSCF6680

Just for fun, I also stamped “Just For You” on the envelope, which is a sentiment included in the Hip Hip Hooray kit as well!  Thanks for stopping by today!

Cassidy loves to open mail…(she is quite upset when there is nothing in the mailbox for her, LOL!), so I like to let her open the Christmas cards we get.  She was thrilled when she saw one from my friend and fellow Paper Players DT member, Sandy:

DSCF6596

I read her the sentiment, “Merry and Bright”, and she pointed to the bunny on the left and said, “This one is Merry”, then pointed to the one on the right and said, “and this one is Bright!”  That girl is always thinkin’!!!!

DSCF6597

It IS an adorable card…..I just LOVE it and so does Cassidy!

DSCF6598

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Petite Pairs, Gorgeous Grunge, The Outpost (Artistic Outpost)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White, Chocolate Chip, Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit Notecard
 Ink Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, So Saffron
Accessories Candy Dots, Lost Lagoon Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Ribbon, Baked Brown Sugar Baker's Twine
Tools     Blender Pen, Sponges, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Scallop Punch, Dimensionals

10 comments:

Bev Gomez said...

OH wow love the card, The farm scene is so cool and the sketch looks easy.Handsome brother and HB to him, such cute pics of Cassidy and her opening cards. So great. Have a lovely day, baking today!

Frenchie said...

Awwwww, happy birthday Raymond !! That a beautiful card your getting , from a lovely sister !! Have a great day !!!!
Tfs LeeAnne
Hugs

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wonderful card. What a great image.All the elements of the card work so well together. Your brother will love this.
I love the look on Cassidy's face as she opened the card. Merry and Bright are perfect names for these cute bunnies.

Linda Callahan said...

You are such an artist! That tag is amazing! And Miss C and her card are adorable!

Lisa Elton said...

Well your little brother sounds like a WONDERFUL guy and he is going to love this card, fabulous LeAnne! That little miss Cassidy is a pip!!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great man card. I love your wonderfully colored scene! I'm sure your brother will love it. (And he looks just like you)!!

stampwithsandy said...

A Happy Birthday to little brother! I'm sure he loved his beautiful farm style card. Thanks so much for the shout out today, too. I'm glad Cassidy loved the card and I love that she named the bunnies Merry and Bright! Too cute!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my gosh! I love that Cassidy named the bunnies Merry and Bright. My cousin has Christmas twins and named them Nick and Noel. Well, she missed her chance to name them Merry and Bright!!! Love the country card for your baby brother's birthday.

anja curvers said...

Wow such a great card love it. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Mariken said...

Lovely card, really beautiful!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!!