Friday, December 12, 2014

CAS for PPA231

DSCF6766

It’s almost 11 pm and you’re exhausted from your day, but you just have to get some stamping in, because if you don’t, you’ll be crabby----ever feel that way?!  So this is what my feeble brain came up with last night….a really, really CAS card using the Pals Paper Arts colors:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings O Holy Night Come to Bethlehem Christmas Stampin Up

And here are their lovely colors….so calming, don’t you think?

I sort of forgot about the set O Holy Night, and I realized it paired very well with Come to Bethlehem.  So the banner is stamped in Bermuda Bay; the wise men stamped in Pool Party on a Soft Sky base.  I added a few hand-drawn stars and a rhinestone on the big star, and it was done.  I kept looking at it to think where I can add something else, but my tired mind just couldn’t do it, so I left it as it was….a simple card honoring that majestic night so long ago.

So we set up our manger scene yesterday, and it didn’t take long for Cassidy to rearrange things:

DSCF6745
DSCF6748

She crammed them all into the stable….warmer that way, I guess.  And before I knew it, they were visiting another locale:

DSCF6754

Enjoy your day!

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

It IS a calming card and I love the sentiment banner! Guess all the shepherds and wisemen wanted a closer look huh!! She looks like she's been had in that last photo LOL :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

A very soothing card! I used to play with our manger scene when I was a kid. It made me crazy that one of the sheep was glued down. And speaking of crazy, I would be crabby because I hadn't stamped by 11 pm, I would be crabby because it was 11 pm and I was still awake! EEK! I'm such a wuss. I need my 9 hours of beauty sleep or things get ugly.

Bonnie said...

I know what you mean about needing to get in the creating no matter how late it is! And such a great pairing of stamps! I would never have thought of putting them together! Looks like a Silent Night. Thomas and Emmy always put all the figures in the stable to stay warm. Looks like Cassidy heard about the flight to Egypt! LOL, she's always thinking!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! I love the stamped background. The single rhinestone is the perfect touch. Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts this week!

Darlene Gabriel said...

I wish I could create each day too. Maybe I should make that a New Years resolution ( I really don't make resolutions though) to create a card/craft each day. Whew that may be too tall an order realistically though. Wonderful pairing of stamps on this pretty card.
Fun to see Cassidy is still rearranging/ lining up and mixing up her (your) little figures;)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great CAS card - and I love that the wise men are on their travels already!

Diane Roberts said...

All is calm and the star is bright! Beautiful! Thanks for playing at PPA,

Brian King said...

Great card! Love how you used the blues. Cute pictures! Thanks for playing along with this week's PPA challenge.