Tuesday, September 16, 2014

ColourQ259, RS132 & Catered Crop Good Medicine

DSCF5152

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Wow, what a glorious day we had here yesterday!  Beautiful weather, fun stamping with my club girls and just a glorious day!  However, Arielle’s color challenge today is a DOOZIE:

Blackberry Bliss two weeks in a row, yikes!!  She is really pushing me out of my comfort zone, LOL!   The sweet Linda McClain from Catered Crop chose this card as a winner last week, so since this week’s challenge is “Good Medicine”, I chose to make my card a get-well card!  I also used Arielle’s RetroSketches sketch from Saturday as well:

So here we go!  Flower Patch came to my rescue again, along with some Sweet Taffy DSP:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings ColourQ259 Flower Patch Stampin Up

I stamped and diecut my floral images, then ran the largest one through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and adding a wee bit more color to the embossed areas with a sponge dauber.  I also embossed the right side of my white panel with the retired Tulip Frame embossing folder.  I used some retired DSP and ribbon for the Summer Starfruit portion as well.

DSCF5154

My sentiment is from A Dozen Thoughts, and I got that set JUST to have this sentiment…I think it’s so sweet!  Hopefully, this will cheer up someone who is a wee bit under the weather!

I hope you’ll play along with us too…don’t let the colors scare you, just play with them and you’ll come up with something fun, I am sure!

I promised yesterday to show you what Cassidy got in her package; here are a couple of things:

A really sweet card:

DSCF5067DSCF5068

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Some letters to spell out her name:

DSCF5069

And a Hello Kitty pencil topper!

DSCF5072

There were a couple more items, but we need to take some pictures of them first!  Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

laurie said...

Wow, I love all the texture and details on your card.Really pretty!

It's always so fun to get mail, and a package even better! How fun!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow you did a great job with these colours -whew- looks like a big challenge to me;) I love that polka dot paper and your layered flower is so pretty.
That's a cute card and pencil topper Cassidy received. Looks like she's thrilled with it too.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card! Fab use of the colours and your flower and layers are lovely.

Deepti said...

Gorgeous! Love the polka dot BG :)

Linda said...

Sweet adorable Granddaughter and sweet adorable card! TFS

Jen Mitchell said...

Are you sure that Blackberry Bliss gives you the heebie-jeebies because you seem to do all right with it! It's a perfect contrast for your pretty layered flower!

Lisa Elton said...

Sigh...you had me with those giant polka dots!! CUTE card LeAnne!! What a sweet package of goodies for Cassidy ~ looks like Hello Kitty was a hit!!

Linda McClain said...

Now That you make someone feel better! It's Gorgeous!