Thursday, May 1, 2014

FMS134

DSCF2560

Happy Thursday, everyone!  I can’t believe it’s May already!   It certainly has started off wet!  Hope you and your families are safe and sound, wherever you are….there has been some unbelievable weather out there this week!  Great weather for ducks…..and that’s why I put one on my card today, LOL!  I used the Freshly Made Sketches sketch created by Karren….and I just love it!

My friend needed a baby card and I thought it would nice to make one that wasn’t the typical pink or blue (plus I didn’t know the gender, LOL!), so I used some textured Pistachio Pudding cardstock with Birthday Basics DP, along with the little duck from the retiring Storybook Friends:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Storybook Friends Stampin Up

This little image is so cute!!  I did flip the sketch so he wasn’t looking out into nowhere, though!   I added two little ribbons, colored the image a wee bit and added the sentiment.  I cut all the sentiments apart in this set because they are so interchangeable and fun!  I added an embossed border using Delicate Designs EF and it was done! 

DSCF2559

Just a couple of views of my yard during yesterday’s deluge:

Front yard (swamp, really):

DSCF2551

Back yard bridge to my brother’s:

DSCF2549

We might be needing this soon:

DSCF2548

But inside we were warm, dry and happy:

DSCF2527

Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

Linda said...

Adorable card!
What creek are you near or is all of that rain? I use to live next to the Brandywine. People would have to come home in boats when it would rain like that.
Stay warm and dry!

Julia Aston said...

weather for ducks is right, LeAnne!! we're having rain today but nothing like you guys are getting - I hope it slows down for you soon and you DON'T need that boat! Your happy little duck is so cute on your card with the fun embossed panel and pretty green!

Lisa Elton said...

SQUEAL!!! This is a yippee kind of card LeAnne, so cute! Love the pops of orange. Hope the rain stays away for awhile, Max comes in from the backyard with muddy water paws LOL!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh yeah...I've got your bunny in a car stamp!! Drop me an email with your address and I'll get it out to you.

Darlene Gabriel said...

I'm sure this cute little duck would enjoy your weather yesterday. What a strange blast of weather. That looks awful. I'm glad that you are safe.
Very cute card.

Linda Callahan said...

I love this duck! Your card is adorable! I love the,pop of orange! This rain is never ending these days!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this cute card - such a nice new baby alternative!

Karren said...

I love this stamp set and you've used that adorable duck perfectly, LeAnne! Love the colors you've combined. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Adorable!!! Wow, I look at that stamp set and think, wow, what can I do, then there you go showing how awesome it can be.... humm. I love inspiriation!

Rita W said...

Yikes. That water is scary. I LOVE this cute duck card though. Green was a super fun color choice; pink and blue are boring! :)