Tuesday, March 12, 2013

ColourQ180

DSCF3209
Top ‘o the morning to you!  LOL, it’s not St Patrick’s Day yet, but Arielle’s ColourQ challenge is a good one to get you primed for it:
CQC180
Oh my goodness…..wouldn’t you LOVE to have this bracelet?  Swooooon!  I went in a totally different direction, though, pulling out a retired set called Gift Givers (should NEVER have been retired, IMO!) and made a sweet little candy treat for the special day:
LeAnne_CQC180
I used my Big Shot to cut a Glorious Green Apothecary Accent diecut, then embossed it with the Clouds EF, folded it in half and paper pierced around the edge.  A small cello bag was filled with some Lindor truffles and the diecut was stapled to the top.  His jacket was paper pieced; I colored the image with my aquapainter and inks, and popped it up with some dimensionals; finally,  I added a little curly gold ribbon to match the gold coins!  Although I do think I will go back and make his cheeks a little “redder”…he’s a bit too pale.  What do you think?
DSCF3211
And there were three truffles in the package….I’m trying really hard to resist that lone one sitting on my desk, LOL!

Can’t wait to see how you interpret these colors and inspiration photo!  Show us your stuff over at the ColourQ blog, and check out the other fun creations our Courtiers have created!

I haven’t had Cassidy for a couple of days so I don’t have any pictures, but I do have a picture of the sheet cake from our associate pastor’s ordination on Sunday night:

DSCF3208

as well as the table decorations…those daffodils give me hope that spring IS coming!

DSCF3206

We had over 100 people for dinner at our church and I am happy to say it all went smoothly and there was plenty of food for everyone! 

Thanks for visiting today!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a cute package for St. Patrick's Day! I'm afraid I would have had to make it into a card since the truffles would have been gone before I could finish the bag! LOL, They disappear so quickly!

Jen Mitchell said...

Adorable and delicious too!

Linda said...

Wow that is a lot of people. Well done! Hugs, Linda

Tracey McNeely said...

LeAnne the cutest little St. Patrick's Day treat bags.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fun project for St Patricks Day! Hope everything went well at the ordination. I love the table settings - those cheery yellow daffodils and blue cups and napkins are a great combination and the cake looks wonderful!