Tuesday, December 18, 2012

ColourQ 168

DSCF1566

It’s Tuesday---a week until Christmas!  Are you ready?  I am, almost!!!  Just a few more things to wrap, bake and decorate!  Here is an inspiration photo from Arielle, just in time for the holiday:

I had this “holiday” diecut sitting on my desk unused from another project, and thought this would be a perfect excuse to use it:

LeAnne_CQC168

It wasn’t until my card was completed that I realized it is Real Red, not Riding Hood Red, so just pretend for me, okay?  I used some holiday plaid paper from a big mat stack and mounted it on a card that’s just a little narrower than a standard card….I thought the proportions looked a bit better!  I know, my only white is in the ribbon, LOL!  I used Bashful blue for the “joy” and star punchout and Cherry Cobbler for the tree punchout.  Sweet!   And I got a little punch-happy, punching out a bunch of trees and stars with the Merry Minis Punch Pack, so I used them to make a tag:

DSCF1570 

Hope you can find some inspiration from Arielle’s photo above and make a card or packaging to share with us…..pop on over to the ColourQ blog and play along, and be sure to see what the other designers created with these fun holiday colors!

Cassidy is putting the Three Wise Men (and a donkey) to “nigh-night”!!!

DSCF1438

Enjoy your week!

12 comments:

None None said...

Love your card, LeAnne! The size is perfect and I love the embossing on the right half. And your tag is just so adorable, I love the sentiment you used.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great card and I can't tell the difference in the reds so you are good to go. lol
I have wrapping left and a couple gift certificates to get and then I am done.

Deborah Frings said...

Love the plaid and pop of pretty blue! Gorgeous!

Jen Mitchell said...

That plaid paper is fantastic! It's absolutely perfect for a joyful holiday!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh I love that plaid paper. Gorgeous card and very pretty tag.
I guess even the 3 wise men and the their donkey had to sleep sometime didn't they? They had a very long journey to find Baby Jesus;)

Linda said...

Great card and tag!
Ahh Sweet dreams Wise Men and donkey!

Tui Nathan said...

Ooh, I love this card ... that plaid paper and great die cuts are awesome ... love the bashful blue amongst the mix!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I love the blue as well - makes for a beautiful accent on your card! It is definitely crunch time around here too - I am not getting enough nigh-night!

Colleen Dietrich said...

LOve this Christmas plaid! It has such a warm, homespun feel. Thank you SO much for my card, LeAnne! I love those ice skates and the way you have framed them. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

Unknown said...

I am IN LOVE with this card! I love love love love LOVE the plaid! Awesome, just awesome:) *hugs*

Bonnie said...

Another fantastic Christmas card LeAnne! I just saw that your jar of snowflakes is a winner at Creating with Connie and Mary! Woot! They have great taste!

dpkennedy said...

Sweet and simple, pretty creations LeAnne! I can't believe how big Cassidy is getting! They are so much fun at this age!