Friday, May 25, 2012

CCMC203 & F4A118

 DSCF0963

I was perusing some blogs today and when I saw the sketch from Create with Connie & Mary, I went running the other way!  Yikes, what a sketch!  But I returned to it later and thought I would give it a go, really stepping out of my comfort zone.  Here it is:

2012 Create Challenges-019

And here is my very uncharacteristic (to me, anyway) creation:

 DSCF0964

Marisa lamented yesterday how skewed panels (see her wonderful card here) make her uncomfortable, so I thought I would attempt one, although I’ve done them before, I am not sure this was the best sketch with which to use it!  It looks a little bottom heavy……sort of like me!  Oh well!  I used Betsy’s Blossoms, Distressed Dots and Short and Sweet for my sentiment….all stamped in Melon Mambo.  Well, the dots are stamped in Craft White.   Which also qualifies this for the SCS Free 4 All challenge today, which is to use hot pink!

DSCF0965

This is a fun set with some cool elements.  It came together fairly quickly; I punched the tags and I already had a piece of white rickrack diecut!  I just cut out the flowers and leaves, diecut the sentiment and adhered it together!  TFL!

Yesterday, we had a busy afternoon—the library, a trip to the ice cream store, a short jaunt to the playground and the farmer’s market…..so as I laid Cassidy down for her nap and gave her a couple books to “read”, she laid them on her lap and she was out in 30 seconds:

DSCF0954

Have a super Friday evening!

13 comments:

Lauri said...

I love your card! I know how tough it is to try new things and I really like the askew thing! I did something askew in my class last month and the ladies really didn't like it! they all straightened it out!! lol... and you know, I look like that too when I take a nap...

Carol L said...

Great take on that intricate sketch - you pulled it off beautifully with a wonderful card!
Poor Cassidy - she's just all pooped out from activity! I wish I could nap that peacefully :)
Thanks for letting me know the names of those IN colors BTW - I'm going to go change them now :)
Have a great holiday weekend!

Debbie Henderson said...

Good job on the sketch LeAnne, so bright and cheery! Your granddaughter is a cutie! So glad to see you play with our challenge at Create with Connie & Mary!

Jen Mitchell said...

I must admit that I found this sketch a little intimidating too, but I think that you have inspired me to give it a go! I think the skewed layer is a great way to shake up the sketch. And bottom heavy? No way!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Darling card, LeAnne! LOVE those bright colors, and the chevron stripes!

I am amazed at how big Cassidy is getting, and she's just too darn adorable! LOVE seeing all your photos of her! What a sweetie!

Pam said...

Well I think you hit the nail on the head, LeAnne. I love the layers, textures, colors, focal point, etc!!
There's nothing I can see that I think you should have done differently...it's down-right stinkin cute!!! Love it!!! And then Love it some more!!!

None None said...

This is adorable, LeAnne! I love the colors and I think you rocked the sketch with your layers. Hope you have a great weekend!!!Especially love that rick-rack trim!

Deb said...

I love your card, LeAnne! The colors are wonderful! And I love how you made your tag element! Really fun!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

penniem said...

I love YOUR take on the card LeAnne, but then I seem to love everything you do. I can see this is a departure from your usual "neat and tidy" style, but it is still there with a twist.
My how big Cassidy is getting - our Lauren just turned five - how does time go by so quickly?

Lisa Martz said...

What a darling card! Perfect for a tweenager or young woman! All pink and frilly. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

LeAnne you've done an amazing job with the sketch. I think your card is perfect and I love that hot pink! I love the staggered main panels and the flowers are gorgeous!

Mary Brown said...

Oh my...your card is just STUNNING! I love your simple use of color on this to make everything just 'pop'! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh LeAnne...you did a MARVELOUS job with the sketch! I love the skewed layer and the Ric Rak, plus the bright color along with the Crumb Cake! Great job with a "tougher" sketch! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!