Sunday, July 31, 2011

Paper Players Sketch 57

DSCF2473

Happy Sunday!  Can you believe it is the last day of July!  Wow, the summer is flying by!  Nance is our hostess today and she has brought us a lovely sketch:

Challenge 57

My niece’s birthday is tomorrow and as I was looking through her FB pages, I noticed she wears a lot of deep dark blue…she’s a blondie with blue eyes, so it’s a good color on her!  So I chose Pacific Point and Bashful Blue as my colors for her birthday card:

DSCF2467

I stamped the butterfly from Strength & Hope three times---once on the main panel in PP, once on a layer of vellum cardstock in white, and again on Whisper White cardstock in PP, and cut the last two out.  I covered the top layer with Versamark ink and Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heated it up for a lovely glimmer:

DSCF2468

I layered them with some rhinestones on my Bashful Blue panel, which was reverse embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots  folder and stamped in a collage fashion with various images from Style Beautiful, You’re A Gem and Nature Walk.  The entire piece was mounted on a piece of Pacific Point Patterns designer paper that was cut using the Top Note die, and a little taffeta ribbon and tag finished it off.  I also stamped the words from Nature Walk randomly on my textured white card in Versamark ink and lightly colored it with chalks.

DSCF2467-1

We hope that this sketch inspires you to pick out your favorite stamps and inks and create something to share with us!  You’ll find all the details on the Paper Players blog!  Thanks for visiting today!

Look ma!  No hands!

DSCF4032

DSCF4027

Wee Details:

  • Stamps:  Style Beautifiul, Strength & Hope, You’re A Gem, Nature Walk, Oval All
  • Paper:  Textured White, Bashful Blue, Pacific Point Patterns DP, Vellum Cardstock
  • Ink:  Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Versamark
  • Acc:  Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Taffeta Ribbon, Word Window Punch, Pacific Point Marker, Rhinestones, Top Note Die, Pastel Chalks

15 comments:

Lauri said...

Leanne, this is stunning!!! I love the colors....the collage image....the butterfly! A perfect card!!! Thanks for your inspiration...once again!

Linda Fisher said...

Oh so BEAUTIFUL in every detail! The butterfly is incredible. Big smiles with NO HANDS - followed by the look concentration! Cassidy is such a cutie!

Susan Raihala said...

That vellum layer is brilliant, LeAnne! What a beautiful card!

Bev J. said...

I love collage and your background is beautiful-like the blues you used. Very nice!

lisa808 said...

I've never put PP & BB together. Very pretty combo and card. I really like the Top Note on the bottom and the fluttering butterfly. Your niece will love this card.

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

Today I get to sit and stare at the conglomeration of stamping stuff I reloaded into my cave and wonder where I put this and that.

Then I must come up with THE card to beat all cards for "someone's" belated birthday.

Nance Leedy said...

LeAnne, this card is stunning! I am in love with the collage stamping and reverse embossing on the background. I keep looking at it and notice yet a different stamp. It's gorgeous and so is the beautiful butterfly. Lovely take on my sketch this week! And look at Miss Cassidy--oh my--there's no turning back now! :-)

Linda said...

Look out now!!!
Love the card. That butterfly is so pretty. I love all the layers. Have fun with your visitors.

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, this is BEA-U-TI-FUL! Eeek! Love that collage background and the reversed embossing. That layered butterfly is the perfect crowning touch, too. Another stunner!

Cassidy makes me smile...look at the focus on that sweet, little face! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful in blue! Wonderfully detailed! And I love that ol' blue eyes is getting ready to run!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, LeAnne! I love how you randomly stamped the background. The butterfly is gorgeous with all of its bling! A perfect card in every way!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne!

Go Cassidy!

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Absolutley beautiful, Leanne! I love the colour. By adding the layers to the butterfly it makes it look like it's flying off the card. Brilliant idea!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my my my .... LeAnne, I love this card, all the elements you have on this card are just beautiful ... your niece will treasure this little beauty for many years to come!!!

jaydee said...

Leanne, another gorgeous card. I bet your niece loved it. It's a fabulous color combo. Ahh... and I got my Cassidy fix, too!
hugs
jaydee