Friday, May 13, 2011

Christmas Birds

DSCF6199

Woohoo!  I found out yesterday that this card and this card both won their challenges!  Happy dance!  And  doing a jig because Blogger is fixed!  Now, on to today’s card! 

The May challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round was this sketch:

CCAYR card template

And here’s my card:

DSCF6196-1

The weather has been temptingly nice this week, so I  whipped this CAS card together in a jiffy!  I already had a piece of this vintage DP laying in my stash; the Crafty Secrets image was mounted on a piece of chipboard; and the lace was a lovely gift from my friend Martha.  I added a couple of swirls from Season of Joy, stamped in Versamark and embossed with Heat & Stick powder, then coated them with some vintage MS glitter:

DSCF6199-1

Those little birds got some glitter too:

DSCF6200-1

Woohoo, another card to add to my weekly stash!  Thanks for visiting today!

DSCF6191-1

(Check out the bunny slippers!)

9 comments:

Patti said...

Beautiful. Love the vintage look of it.

Charlette Finley said...

Wonderful Christmas card. I love the colors and the swirls just add that little bit of bing! Great job! I promised myself that all summer I would work on my Christmas cards and I hope I stick to it. But oh how I love the beach!
TFS

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Beautiful - love the stage you set for great image!

Martha said...

LeAnne,

Such an awesome card and the lace and swirls are really pretty on it! I love it! That bird image is so sweet and very wintery and perfect for Christmas.

Congrats on the wins!
Love and blessings, Martha

Susie W. said...

Those bunny slippers are just TOO cute! Your DGD is growing so fast!
Love the vintage-y Christmas card and the glitter adds just the right touch.
P.S. Congratulations on those wins :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Love that vintage image and love the touches of glitter. The lace trim is really eye catching, too. :)

Linda Callahan said...

Love the bunny slippers! And this is one beautiful Christmas card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Those bunny slipper SO just made me smile!! :) Adorable! Absolutely fabulous Vintage card! Love the soft colors and the beautiful details. That lace trim is fab-u-lous!! Congrats on your wins! Woot Woot!

Colleen Dietrich said...

OH, sigh. I love this! You have my address, right? ;)